We are currently looking for an architectural technician or technologist to join our team at Tibbatts Abel. We are award-winning interior designers and architectural technicians, specialising in the leisure and hospitality sector.
The successful candidate will have at least three years’ experience working within the hospitality/leisure sector and a passion for interior design and architecture.
The ability to work in a fast-paced and exciting work environment is essential.
We are looking for an individual with good organisational skills, can work under pressure and be able to handle projects on their own accord. We welcome and nurture creativity and being able to learn and adapt new skills will be favourable.
You will need to be skilled in architectural detailing and have a good knowledge of construction, have competent knowledge of building regulations in the commercial sector and to be competent to attend site meetings liaising with consultants/clients and assist with surveys.
You must have a valid UK driving licence and be able to attend nationwide site meetings.
You will be based in the UK and within easy commutable distance to either our office in Stratford, London or our office in the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- To assist the Directors and Interior Designers with technical support
- To attend site, carrying out necessary surveys and liaising with clients, contractors and other professionals.
- Proficient in AutoCAD in all aspects of cad work
- To be proactive in the production of AutoCAD details and drawing packages and work well under pressure
- To prepare local authority planning applications & Building regulation drawings
- Responsibilities will increase and be amended to become skill specific throughout the year
- To be self-sufficient and able to work individually as well as part of a team in different project environments
- Must have a good understanding of building regulations
- Commercial experience is preferred
This is not to be regarded as exhaustive and you may be required to perform such other and/or additional duties within your skill and competence as the Business may require.
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to participate in a trial day.
To apply, please send C.V. and Portfolio to email@example.com